One of the first questions that we’ll ask when we get a call from a client who has been diagnosed with
Attention deficit disorder (ADD) or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is looking for life insurance is…
“How much life insurance are you looking for?”
We ask this question because there are several types of life insurance policies out there that will each have their own set of criteria that will need to be met prior to being able to be approved for that type of life insurance coverage being sought.
- Fully Underwritten Term or Whole Life Insurance.
- Simplified Issue Life Insurance.
- And Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance.
Now the good news is that…
Regardless of how much life insurance you’re looking for, in general, those who have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD will typically be able to qualify for most if not all potential rate classes, even a Preferred or Preferred Best.
The real trick will be…
Identifying which life insurance company will be most likely provide you with the best coverage at the most affordable price. To do this, we here at JustBuryMe want to do 2 things:
- First, obtain a clear understanding of your current health status.
- Second, shop all of our available options prior to actually submitting your life insurance application to an insurance carrier.
So how do we do this?
That’s easy, first we’re going to want to ask you all the same questions an insurance underwriter would normally ask so that they can get a pretty good idea about your overall health.
This will not only help us determine what rate class you may or may not be eligible for, it will also enable us to narrow down which life insurance company might be better than another right from the start.
Each life insurance carrier is going to have its own set of rules and guidelines when it comes time to deciding who they want to insure and at what cost. Which means that when it comes time to helping someone who has been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, having options is going to be particularly important in finding a great life insurance policy.
So now, let’s take a look at some of the questions that we like to use to narrow down our options.
- When were you first diagnosed with ADD or ADHD?
- Who diagnosed your ADD or ADHD? A general practitioner or a psychiatrist?
- How long have you been treating your condition?
- What medications and or therapy methods are you using to treat your ADD or ADHD?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to your condition?
- Do you have any history of drug or alcohol abuse?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received for any form of disability benefits?
Factors other than issues pertaining to your ADD or ADHD may also play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application and should be briefly explored at this point. This is why in addition to asking your questions about your ADD/ADHD, we’re also going to ask you questions such as:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you been diagnosed with any other medical conditions other than ADD or ADHD?
- Has any of your immediate family members ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you taking any prescription medications other that those used to treat your ADD or ADHD?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license such as multiple moving violations or DUI’s?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 2 years? Insurance companies would be concerned if you planned to travel to destinations such as Iran, North Korea, Haiti, etc…
- In the past 2 years have you participated or do you plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies such as hang gliding, bungee jumping or skydiving?
We’ll be able to combine this information with the knowledge of how much life insurance coverage you’re actually looking for, and begin to not only look at which “types” of life insurance policies might be best for you, but also which companies might be right as well.
Now when it comes to determining which companies might be right for you, we’ll that knowledge simply comes from experience, but one thing that we always try to do here at JustBuryMe is first give you all the numbers.
As you’ll see if you play around with our online quoter, we like to give you the quotes immediately, and we like to list the top 10 or so companies that we work with based on price so that you can get a general idea about what the cost of your insurance will be.
We also like to do this so that you as a consumer can become better informed and more comfortable working with us here at JustBuryMe!
Here at JustBuryMe, because we not only offer guaranteed issue life insurance policies which are a great option for taking care of one’s final expenses, we also offer a full range of fully underwritten and simplified issue life insurance policies which is why we’re currently working with several dozen different life insurance companies to ensure that we can meet the needs of any of our clients.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
You may also be interested in reading one of our more popular article JustBuryMe’s Best Final Expense and Burial Insurance Companies.